Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Chai Tea Syrup

I have started making my own Chai Tea Syrup and I love it! 

Here is the recipe I use...
















Chai Tea Syrup

5 cups water 
10 decaf tea bags 
2 cinnamon sticks 
1 cup of raw sugar (you can add use other sweeteners, and add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your chai) 
1–3-inch section of fresh ginger, cut into pieces 
10 whole cloves 
10 cardamom pods 
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg 
2 whole star anise pods 
1/2 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns 
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence (added at the end) 

Add the water and sugar to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer add the rest of the ingredient accept the vanilla essence. Simmer for 20 minutes. 

Remove from the heat and strain the syrup through a sieve with a piece of cheesecloth in the bottom to catch all the dregs. 

Add the vanilla extract now. Stir to combine. 

Allow the mixture to cool before pouring it into an airtight jar or container. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.

I add 1/4 cup of syrup and 1/4 cup of milk, heat in the microwave for a minute, and then I top my cup with boiling water. You can play around with the ratios to suit your taste. 

I'd love to hear how you go at making your own CHAI!

Love
Denita x  

No comments:

Post a Comment